Friends and their personalities

Come here to chat about any topic you like.

Friends and their personalities

Postby Woravut » 14 Mar 2019 12:11

I'm not sure about the personalities of some people I know.

The first one is John. I met him during studying MA.
John is a determined, sincere, hard-working, selfish, money-oriented, close-minded.

The second is Max. Max and I met at a conference related to English Language Teaching. It was organized in Thailand.

Max is selfish, money-oriented, close-minded, sincere, determined, hard-working.

The last one is Anderw. I met Andrew when I was in Sydney. He was also a PhD student.

Andrew is hard-working, determined, money-oriented, selfish, closed-minded, sincere.

Can you help me to decide who I should trust most/ or work with? Thanks
Woravut

Re: Friends and their personalities

Postby Woravut » 18 Mar 2019 08:06

How did you perceive each person's personality? Did the sequence of the adjectives affect your perception?
Woravut

Re: Friends and their personalities

Postby sgtowns » 03 Apr 2019 09:53

Woravut wrote:Did the sequence of the adjectives affect your perception?

Yes, I think that when I first read the list of characteristics, I probably just read the first few words ("determined, sincere, hard-working") of each and assumed that the rest of the list were similar positive or negative aspects. But then by the end of the list, I had to go back for a closer look and then saw that there was no way to choose.

I wonder, though, if the order that someone reads something affects their opinion of it. Do we put more emphasis on what we read first, or last? Hmm... sounds like an interesting research topic in there perhaps. Or maybe one that has been done already.

What was your own thinking behind asking this question?
sgtowns

Return to Miscellaneous Topics