The Foreign Language Unit (FLU) offers a variety of supplementary English courses.
For booking and details, please contact Benjama Na Mahachai.
Listening and Speaking
- Practice academic speaking skills such as describing objects, location, structure and giving instructions
- Practice listening strategies such as predicting, listening for the gist and listening for specific information
Reading and Vocabulary
- Practice academic reading skills such as comprehensive reading, predictive reading, skimming and scanning
- Learn vocabulary collocations such as lexical chunks, compound words, phrasal verbs, idioms, homonyms, homophones and homographs
Friendly English Talk
- Beginner level focuses on strategies and tips for speakers who are not confident and with an emphasis on correct pronunciation and intonation
- Intermediate level focuses on fluency in everyday conversation.
- Advanced level focuses on fluency, accuracy and appropriateness.
Academic Reading for Science and Technology
- Learn how to be a selective reader.
- Learn reading strategies used when reading academic text.
- Expand more necessary academic vocabulary.
Academic Writing for Science and Technology
- Study the features of each part of research papers.
- Learn language structures andvocabulary needed when writing.
- Practice how to write papers.
How to Write an A+ Assignment
- Discuss common problems with organization and mechanics
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Understanding different types of assignments (reports and essays)
Editing and revising workshop
- How to recognize and avoid common errors and weaknesses
- How to use the techniques of an editor to revise one’s own writing
E-mail Writing at the Work Place
- Opening and closing emails
- Giving information, making requests, arranging meetings and checking understanding
- Sentence structure and verb forms
Basic Grammar and Vocabulary I
- Asking questions and giving answers
- Using correct verb tense
- Vocabulary meaning and usage for everyday conversation
- Job Interviews (One day workshop)
- Tips and techniques for a job interview
- Question and answering
- Useful Expressions
- Do’s and Don’ts