Being a Research Sounding Board

For sharing and chatting about any interesting information related to Linguistics.

Being a Research Sounding Board

Postby justthedave » 09 Feb 2021 11:33

A Ph.D. is a four-year mission: to explore strange new research focuses. To seek out new ways of looking at data and new innovations. To boldly go where no study has gone before!

As most of you know, I am in the process of writing an autoethnographic article about how I operationalized abstract constructs of privilege and marginalization for my Ph.D. research. I have found that the most challenging aspect of writing this article is finding my voice. I have written many papers using the conventional scientific paper format, so writing this autoethnographic article has been challenging for me until Wenwen Tian, and another associate agreed to be my sounding boards.

Pursuing a Ph.D. is challenging at the best of times... and grueling at the worst of times. Don't be afraid to bother each other.

The point is that "WE" must never feel alone..... we must be willing to lean on each other for advice, or maybe be a sounding board.

I promise that I am NEVER too busy to help a classmate. I am here when you need me :D
justthedave

Return to Linguistics